Our Enviromental Improvement Plan
1. Reduce Overall Waste
- Implement recycling on site for all paper, glass, metal and plastic
- Reduce paper used in administration, use electronic records
- Reuse paper within lodge and office for printing and note making
2. Reduce Transport Use
- Monitor mileage of vehicles
- Plan expedition routes to minimise road transfers.
- Ride share
3. Reduce Energy Usage
- Use only low energy light fittings
- Reduce lighting to low wattage and minimal levels
- Introduce energy use campaign to all lodge rooms in the wild Lodge
- Install Solar heated hotwater system
- Adopt combination solar/wind system to pump water from well
4. Reduce Water wastage
- Recyle grey water used in showers etc for onsite irrigation.
- Install rain water harvesting system
- Use water saver toilets
- Install spray fittings in all handbasin taps
5. Raise Awareness
- Educate the local population and implement a stewardship program for the immediate forest and waterfall areaas adjacent to the Wild Lodge
Our Plan Is A Work In Progress And Will Be Continually Updated.